Getting the most out of your fundraising
Thanks for supporting the Silver Lining Ride this year. Every rider plays a vital role in raising awareness for ovarian cancer, as well as fundraising to support promising research projects to stop this silent killer in its tracks.
Haven't signed up yet? You can register here.
Once you've registered for the Silver Lining Ride and got your fundraising page ready to go, here's a few tips to kickstart your fundraising:
- Personalise your fundraising page
Add to your page description by explaining why you're joining the ride and why people should support you with a donation or by sharing your page. Simply click "edit page" at the top of your fundraising page.
- Donate to yourself first!
Statistics show that people are more likely to donate to your page if you have already donated to yourself - it shows that you're committed to your fundraising and you're willing to chip in yourself to get the ball rolling.
- Share the link to your fundraising page on social media
Whether it's Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn or in your WhatsApp group with your mates, getting your page out there is a great way to get people on board. Don't be afraid to ask people to share your link with their networks as well!
- Send an email to family, friends and colleagues
Sending an email is a more direct and personal way to communicate why you are joining the Silver Lining Ride, and what your fundraising means to you and to the future of ovarian cancer in Australia.
To help you share your ride and fundraising progress, we've created some Silver Lining Ride social media tiles for you. Just click to download or screenshot and share!
Don't forget to tag @ocrf and @silverliningride in your posts, and use the hashtag #RideforResearch.
Social media tiles
Social media caption suggestions:
- I'm taking on the challenge of riding 1,068km in November as part of the OCRF's Silver Lining Ride. The OCRF funds research around Australia to improve survival for those diagnosed with ovarian cancer. You can support me by making a donation to my fundraising page (insert your fundraising page link). Any support is greatly appreciated.
- I've registered for the Silver Lining Ride to raise money for the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation (OCRF). Currently, women and girls diagnosed with ovarian cancer have a 46% chance of surviving for five years after their diagnosis, but they deserve more than half a chance. I'm fundraising to support researchers find an early detection test and better treatments for ovarian cancer, and I would love your help to raise as much as possible to support this important cause. If you can, please donate to my fundraising page, every bit counts (insert your fundraising page link).
- Did you know that survival rates for ovarian cancer have hardly changed since 1975? Around 1800 Australian women and girls will be diagnosed with the disease this year, and around 1,068 will lose their lives to the disease. That's why I'm joining the Silver Lining Ride, taking on the challenge of riding 1,068km to raise funds for ovarian cancer research. Help me raise funds to support research into this disease by making a donation on my fundraising page: (insert your fundraising page link).
- Today, 4 Australian women will be diagnosed with ovarian cancer and 3 will lose their lives to the disease. Ovarian cancer research really needs more funding support so that an early detection test can be developed to catch the disease before it becomes life-threatening. I'm fundraising for the OCRF by participating in the Silver Lining Ride, and I would love your support if you have a few spare dollars to help out. All donations $2 and above are tax deductible and will go straight towards important research to save lives.